ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid, win strategies, proposal approach, techniques, etc.
- Own the bid / proposal through the entire cycle – from RFP thru submittal and closing the sale.
- Develop Proposal plan and guide estimating and proposal team in preparing a “winning” proposal.
- Main point of contact for the company at bidder’s pre-bids, conferences, site visits, and others, or assign delegates accordingly.
- Lead presentations and sales to Austin management for internal review and signoff; participate in presentations and sales to Clients (might be required to lead the sales effort).
- Provide technical guidance and support to subordinates developing estimates and/or capable of preparing estimates if required.
- Ensure final estimate packages / proposals are responsive to the RFP – thorough, accurate, staffing, financial considerations, quality, and complete.
- Provides technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- Performs additional duties as instructed by Austin Management.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSABILITITES: Manages and administers the Estimating department functions including the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Plan, coordinate and execute estimating and proposal systems and methods according to company standards and policies.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee-owners; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop, implement and drive continuous improvement of estimating standards, policies, processes, tools and techniques.